START! Tomato Avocado Buttermilk Curry Soup
|START!™ Tomato Avocado Buttermilk Curry Soup
- 3 lb Tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup Buttermilk (can also use almond milk or other non-dairy buttermilk substitute)
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Avocado, mashed to a puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Finely minced fresh parsley
- 3 tbsp START! Original Hot Curry Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: finely diced cucumber, red onion, and carrot as desired
- Puree tomatoes in a food processor, then press through a sieve to remove seeds.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, buttermilk, and oil.
- Toss pureed avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to hold the color.
- Add the avocado, remaining lemon juice, and parsley to the tomato mixture; stir to mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and a generous number of drops of START! Original Hot Curry Sauce.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.
- At serving time, taste soup for seasonings.
- Ladle into individual bowl and have guest garnish their portions with cucumber/red onion/carrot mix and sour cream (can use non-dairy sour cream as well).
- Pass START! Sauce around to add more piquancy.
| To get your START! visit the STORE LOCATOR or SHOP ONLINE!