START!™ Gallant Green Curry
(Bamboo) Shoot for the green
- 6-8 green eggplants
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Thai green Curry paste (according to taste)
- 1 tbsp soft dark brown Sugar
- START!™ Sauce 1 tbsp
- Extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed 10 oz (or chicken substitute or boneless chicken)
- 6-8 kafir Lime leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded or sliced bamboo shoots
- 14fl oz Coconut Milk
- Wash green eggplant, cut into quarter and sprinkle with salt. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the green curry paste with tofu and fry for about 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, sugar, bamboo shoots, and lime leaves and bring to simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- If using, add the chicken and simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the chicken looks thoroughly cooked through.
- Add the eggplants, START! Sauce, and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Garnish with mint leaves if desired and serve with steamed jasmine rice.