START!™ Treasured Thai Coconut Rice
- 600 ml stock, vegetable stock preferred
- 200 g jasmine rice
- 1½ tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp START!™ Sauce
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 250 g broccoli florets, thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
To garnish (optional)
- curls of toasted fresh coconut
- lime wedges optional
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the rice, then cover and simmer for 10–12 minutes or until the rice is just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan, add the oil and swirl it around. Add the garlic, ginger, and green onions, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, START! Sauce, soy sauce and stir-fry for 30 seconds, then add the coriander and salt and pepper to taste. Toss to mix.
- Add the coconut milk to the rice and mix well. Spoon the rice onto a serving platter or individual plates, top with the sitr-fried broccoli and garnish with curls of coconut, if using, and lime wedges. Serve immediately.