Grilled Portabella Mushroom START!™ Burger
Look at the hot dish that just pulled into port!
- 4 large portobello Mushrooms
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineApple juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Basil
- 1 tablespoon START!™ Sauce
- Sandwich bread or hamburger rolls as per your preference
- AS DESIRED: sliced tomato, vegan or dairy cheese slices, onions, sliced pickle, sliced cucumber, mustard
Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stemless (gill) side up.
To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, pineapple juice, START Sauce, and ginger. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.
Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray. Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender, about 5 minutes on each side. Baste with marinade to keep from drying out. Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter. Garnish with basil.
Add mushroom to bread topped with the AS DESIRED ingredients from above.
Serve with fries and START!-spiced mustard.