START!™ Grilled Curry Sliders
Slide these out for great BBQ, tailgating, and parties!
- Soy patties (1 per slider) OR 1 ½ pounds or 700 grams of Minced Beef (Keema)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (peeled & crushed)
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Coriander Leaves (chopped)
- Thinly sliced cucumber as desired
- 1 tbsp. START! Sauce
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground – to taste)
- 2 tbsp. Sun-Dried Tomato Paste
- Butter (for toasting buns)
- 2 tbsp. Cooking Oil
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the garlic and onion until the onions are translucent and soft. Add the cumin and START! and fry for 2 minutes. Leave to cool slightly, then place in a bowl with the soy (or beef), sun-dried tomato paste, coriander, salt and black pepper to taste. Mix thoroughly, then divide into 4 equal portions and shape into sliders.
- Brush the grill or pan with a little oil and cook the sliders for about 8 mins, turning once. This will result in a medium-rare slider (increase cooking time to taste).
- Spread butter on buns and lightly toast in a frying pan. Place the slider in the toasted bun. Add lettuce, jalapeno peppers, and more sauce as required.