START!™ Tofu Tahini Burger
The crossover burger with terrific taste!
- 500 grams firm tofu, crumbled
- 200 grams roasted almond crumbs
- 100-120 grams chickpeas (cooked)
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 Tbsp START! Sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 stalk of celery, chopped
- 1 nutmeg
- 1/4 cup tahini paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For the garlic tahini paste:
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- Saute the garlic and cumin in sunflower oil. Add the carrots, celery, onion and saute for a few minutes.
- Grate the nutmeg over the vegetable mixture.
- In a bowl, add tofu, chickpeas, soy sauce, roasted almonds, 1 tablespoon of tahini paste, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and mix well
- To the tofu mix, add START! and the sauteed vegetables and fold.
- Mould the mixture into burger size patties and fry in pan with some oil for 2-2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown on both sides.
- Toast the buns.
For the garlic tahini sauce:
- Put the tahini paste into a bowl, and add chopped garlic, lemon juice, water, 1/2 tsp of salt and mix well until smooth.
- To Serve: Slather the tahini paste on buns. Add rocket leaves, sandwich the patty in between.
- Serve with fries.